Functionaility Competition Results Database V6.02
The Competition Results Database software is designed for
scoring a Cub or Scout competition.
Any Cub or Scout competition may be configured. The three major
requirements for the configuration are:
- The names of teams/Sixes/Patrols who take
- The definition of the activities or tests
that make up the competition.
- The definition of a Trophies which are awarded to the winners. A Trophy depends on activities being assigned to it
Team results/marks/scores of activities may be entered into the package after which the following reports may be generated:
- Competition Itinerary - the dates and
times of activities.
- Judge List - the names of judges with
- Judge Mark Sheets - the judge writes the
result/score/mark on this sheet for all teams.
- Competition Tests - the definition of
activities with mark break down/judge marking criteria, time and
name of judge.
- Outstanding Results -
results/marks/scores for which no entry is made.
- Team Mark Sheets - The final mark sheet
handed to each team leader at the end of the competition.
- Competition Winners - list of the winners
of the various configured Trophies.
- Export to csv - export the final result of the competition to a csv file which can then be manipulated in 3rd party packages such as Microsoft Excel.
The question of why use a configurable package like this rather than use a spreadsheet, is raised? The reasons are:
- Reporting is made very easy using this
- All the calculations of a competition are
done for you, for any number of Trophies which depend on different
activities/tests. There is no need to design a spreadsheet which
is prone to error if a formula is typed in incorrectly, not
- A competition can be defined very quickly
assuming the activities and team names are known.
- It is claimed by the author of this package, that the use of a spread sheet is an inherently dodgy tool because it is too easy to mess up formulas and skew the result of a competition.