1941 until 1965, Scouts had use of the Dommisse Hut in Ash Valley.
When the Scouts were first given access to the hut in 1941, it was
in a very bad condition, and over the next few years it was restored,
and officially opened on 2 January 1945. In 1951 the Scout Mountain
Club (SMC) had its first meeting at the hut.
Although the hut was ideally situated and well used by Scouts,
water was scarce, and vandalism became a problem. In the 1960s,
the Council was approached for access to another hut, and in 1965
the Dommisse Hut was closed and Scouts moved to the present SMC